100 things you might want to know about me

Thanks to Jen's earlier post I was inspired to do mine based on her post below.

1. I was born in Quezon City, Philippines.
2. I'm 5'5" tall (or short, depending on your perspective)
3. I'm a night person. I hate going to bed at night and I hate getting up in the morning.
4. I used to love watching World Wrestling Federation (When Hulk Hogan was still there) I knew it was scripted but liked the idea of drama in the sport
5.I'm not a fan of Brandon Boyd or of Incubus.
6. I like to draw DC super heroes and Neil Gaiman's The Sandman.
7. I'm always broke. And on the verge of losing my sanity.
8. I've always wanted to go back to the time when I was still in high school, with my present brain. But instead I end up writing my woes and whines about how unfair life in high school was in my blog.
9. I love writing letters. Though I haven't gotten the much time to write one, (darn advances in information technology has watered down the value of writing letters these days...)
10. I consider myself fond of literature (if books of snot nosed unknown writers are considered as literature)
11. I love Doraemon (because most of the people I love likes him).
12. I try not to cry when I read or see happy or sad books or TV shows or movies (and I always end up with sore throat and heavy eyes ).
13. I don't have any younger sibling, but if it would be possible to have my eldest nephew as a brother he'd be my favorite baby brother.
14. I eat shrimp but I don't consider it my favorite.
15. I can cook to some extent because I had my mother as my teacher in Home Economics
16. The only food I can bake with any skill is...oh no, i forgot, i don't know how to bake (well, i tried banana cake for crying out loud and i failed).
17. I'm a Mass Communication graduate with a degree in Journalism.
18. I don't like homosexuals. (I'm a homophobe actually)
19. I consider myself as a part of the global environmental movement.
20. I love fish. I love eating them, too.
21. I love God above all.
22. I've been imagining of traveling to space for quite sometime. The same goes for travelling back in time and to wishing that I could stop time.
23. I might be a hopeless romantic. If I understood what it meant
24. I'm under the sign of Cancer (because the guy my father was sharing his hospital room with when he had his cataract operated on told me so).
25. I love stars. Whenever possible I keep on babbling that the twinkle of the stars that we see now might already be coming from dead stars because their millions of light years away from us.
26. My favorite color is black. That's why given the chance when I'd be ordering coffee at a coffeeshop I'll specifically indicate to the barista that: "I'd love my coffee black, like my heart."
27. I love dark blue because it's closely related to black
28. I'm opinionated.
29. I can be very stubborn.
30. I've recently discovered I love hanging out with friends.
31. My hair is straight and black.
32. My eyes are bloodshot.
33. I have astigmatism.
34. I buy a lot of shoes and wear only my favorite ones.
35. I collect things: books, comic books, letters, bottle caps, trading cards, action figures, cds, cassette tapes, magazines etc
36. When i was in grade school, I was lethargic and people misunderstood me.
37. My favorite article of clothing is a comfortable pair of jeans, shirt and New Balance sneakers.
38. I don't wear rings.
39. I want to have my own SLR camera.
40. I went to London in my daydreams. But I ended up getting lost in Amsterdam.
41. I hate my nails, when they're long. Good thing I learned to play guitar and my callouses now block their space for growth.
42. I hate washing dishes (ok, ok, all household chores).
43. I was a couch potato before I met Jeanie. And she revolutionized my life.
44. I hated when it my niece Lea Grace made my Rambo action figure the boyfriend of her Barbie Doll.
45. I've always wanted to dress up like my Kuya Gerry when I was a teenager (because he dresses up like Prker Lewis). But I discovered punk DIY fashion courtesy of ukay-ukays.
46. I don't drive and have no intention of driving a car or owning one. (Don't even get me started with my explaining why)
47. I don't have full depth perception.
48. I just learned how to swim. Thanks to a Greenpeace teambuilding activity
49. I love to ride my skateboard.
50. I hate Mathematics.
51. I planned to take up archeology but I realized that all scientific degrees has math in them so I took up Mass Communication.
52. I love any food that's fried.
53. I have never learned to love Ampalaya.
54. I used to wear eyeliners. Because I loved The Cure.
55. I don't have piercings.
56. My bandmate Cedric, pierced his eyebrow during a lecture session for our Military Science class using a rusty safety pin.
57. I'm not organized. That's why my life's always a mess.
58. I can't leave my cell phone and whenever I did, i can't focus on the things I'm suppose to do.
59. My favorite music is punk rock. Thanks to Greenday's Dookie album, and Laix's fondness of everything that was released by Epitaph Records.
60. I also like new wave, emo, ska, indie rock and gothic. Because they're all to some extent related to punk rock.
61. People don't belive that I can sing (which is quite true). But people always keep on insisting that I sing.
62. I'm not that honest I think especially with myself.
63. I can't say if I'm a loyal friend because its not for me to decide.
64. I don't make friends easily.
65. I don't like basketball that's why I took guitar playing seriously.
66. I am patient (I think).
67. I hate macho things.
68. I don't like pink except when its contrasted to a more dominant shade of black.
69. I gained a lot of weight since I joined Greenpeace.
70. I enjoy walking.
71. I love going shopping with Jeanie.
72. I never understood the concept of dating.
73. I love eating.
74. I think I have short-term memory loss. (Have I repeated any of these yet? heh)
75. I would like to learn Spanish but I never got a chance to learn it so instead I got acquianted with Latin.
76. People associate me with cockroaches.
77. I'm not fond of reptiles.
78. I consider Dashboard Confessional's, Chris Carraba; The Cure's, Robert Smith; The Pet Shop Boys', Neil Tennant; New Order's, Bernard Summer; Elvis Costello, Rocky Votolato and Billy Bragg as poets even if they're songwriters.
79.I'd always choose a dog over a cat.
80. I had my pet dachsund Odie as my best friend when I was a kid.
81. I don't have any allergies.
82. I was a boy scout in high school, because early on I realized the fascist tendencies of associating with anything military.
83. I love watching religous programs.
84. I love Martin Scorsese, because I liked Taxi Driver.
85. I was very shy when I was a kid (oh, until now).
86. I still feel out of place in new social situations.
87. I grew up with a very happy family.
88. I think pasta is a perfect food.
89. I was never a drunkard, because I'm into the hardcore punk xxXStraight EdgeXxx ethic, and also because of my belif in Christianity
90. My life is pretty boring, but I like it.
91. I am sarcastic. But my cynicism is what drives my sarcasm.
92. I tend to have a lazy streak and I've been known to procrastinate, or as it's called in science fiction writing circles, cat vacuuming. But once I start something, I will definitely finish it which usually takes years.
93. I don't easily trust a person.
94. I still kiss my parents.
95. I love coffee.
96. I love reading prose and poems.
97. I'd choose hiking over swimming.
98. I always end up realizing that things could have been better if only I had entrusted all my decisions on God.
99. I had a collection of Marvel Universe trading cards (series 1-3 meaning its editions from 1990-93); DC Cosmic Cards, DC Cosmic Teams and NBA 1991 Season cards.
100. I'm surprised thinking up so many things about myself was harder than I'd thought and I still feel as if I've missed mentioning things. Then when I'm in bed, they'll come to me and then I'll want to start a second hundred.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's a nice post...and I'm asking your permission to do a post like this one.

    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete