To my mentors, thank you

I have never admired Matt Damon so much until I saw this clip:



Damon is so right when he said "a teacher wants to teach." I should know. Back in high school and college, I have this tendency to observe instructors before I finally get myself to really listen to what they say. I want to know first if they really want to teach. With that, I can tell who loves the job and who just wants to earn or just likes the title. The ones who love teaching I must say are the ones who certainly made a difference to their students' lives. I am one of those students. I have been fortunate to know and be one of the students of these great mentors. Some may not remember me anymore, a few may still know me.

Regardless of what their reasons for teaching are or what motivates them, really, it doesn't matter, I would just like to let them know that I am truly grateful for them, for helping us students shape our lives, and develop/create our own image.

So to all teachers out there, always remember, "there are millions of us behind you."

0 comments:

Post a Comment