“The rain won’t beat my high-heeled boots!”
I can’t bear to think walking along a wet and muddy street, trying to get some poise so as not to look real pathetic. Rain, together with its sister, the raging wind, really lets me down. I really hate it when it pours straight on my head, down onto my face, neck, shoulders, until it swallows my whole body. The raging wind’s function, in addition, is to put chaos on my blown-dry hair (good thing I wear pants as uniform). And voila! I’m an instant pathetic “kolehiyala” walking down the street.
To some people, rain gives a relaxing feeling, while reminiscing their mushy moments with their special someone. Nah! Give me a break! Rain is rain – giving me horrid encounters while on the street. I don’t want to condemn rain, but there was a time when I’m about to meet my pals at the mall and here’s how the story goes: Naturally, I wore my best casual outfit. And favorably, the rain had stopped just when I’m about to leave the house, the only problem was that the ground’s still wet. I can deal with that anyway, I told myself. While walking beside the rough road, there’s a speeding car, and to my consternation, I found myself half-wet with muddy rainwater. I really cursed that day, the moron driving that dumb car, and the rain! I had had so many freaky moments with the ‘best’ season – the rainy days.
I really hate it when it rains. I can’t do things properly, I can’t walk effortlessly on the street, I keep on avoiding droplets from rusty roofs, so on and so forth. If only I had a car. But what can I do? I’m just a broke who can only afford to ride a wretched FX cab. Anyway, I am the kind of person who’s actually not a homebody. I love to explore the things outside the four corners of our house. I love jerking around with my friends. But lovable rain hinders me from doing the things I enjoy. It keeps on incarcerating me inside the realm of boredom.
Though other people consider rain as their best companion, for me, it’s not, because it brings out the jinx in me. A friend of mine way back high school made a sudden interruption while I’m comfortably writing a poem for her. She requested me to just write a poem about rain because rainy season is her favorite. She told me that rain gives her a very strange feeling that even Mr. Webster can’t define. How pathetic! I told myself, “Duh! Do I look like I care?” And so, I didn’t mind her.
The idea of rain gives me a sedate conception of what will happen to me when outside, or while walking along the street. It doesn’t really make me panic, it makes me infuriated! Infuriated, because I don’t know where to find a roof that can, at least, keep me dry. It makes it even harder when you cannot just call it rain, but storm. Storm is a gargantuan rain, well, big sister of rain, which cute umbrellas can’t deal with. With storm, there’s flood, mud, and I’m getting terribly mad! A stubborn person like me can never be felicitous with rain. It really makes me sad.
After the rain, rainbow comes out. That is when my heart floats with so much gladness. I couldn’t resist smiling every time I see a rainbow, while putting my shabby umbrella inside my bag. Rain is helpful for many people physically, emotionally, mentally, and economically; but never will I ever embrace rain for whatever reasons. I feel distressed just by thinking of rainy days – the season that gave me lot of reasons to hate it. It is remarkable how I overcome the obstacles rain had prepared for me.
I can’t bear to think walking along a wet and muddy street, trying to get some poise so as not to look real pathetic. Rain, together with its sister, the raging wind, really lets me down. I really hate it when it pours straight on my head, down onto my face, neck, shoulders, until it swallows my whole body. The raging wind’s function, in addition, is to put chaos on my blown-dry hair (good thing I wear pants as uniform). And voila! I’m an instant pathetic “kolehiyala” walking down the street.
To some people, rain gives a relaxing feeling, while reminiscing their mushy moments with their special someone. Nah! Give me a break! Rain is rain – giving me horrid encounters while on the street. I don’t want to condemn rain, but there was a time when I’m about to meet my pals at the mall and here’s how the story goes: Naturally, I wore my best casual outfit. And favorably, the rain had stopped just when I’m about to leave the house, the only problem was that the ground’s still wet. I can deal with that anyway, I told myself. While walking beside the rough road, there’s a speeding car, and to my consternation, I found myself half-wet with muddy rainwater. I really cursed that day, the moron driving that dumb car, and the rain! I had had so many freaky moments with the ‘best’ season – the rainy days.
I really hate it when it rains. I can’t do things properly, I can’t walk effortlessly on the street, I keep on avoiding droplets from rusty roofs, so on and so forth. If only I had a car. But what can I do? I’m just a broke who can only afford to ride a wretched FX cab. Anyway, I am the kind of person who’s actually not a homebody. I love to explore the things outside the four corners of our house. I love jerking around with my friends. But lovable rain hinders me from doing the things I enjoy. It keeps on incarcerating me inside the realm of boredom.
Though other people consider rain as their best companion, for me, it’s not, because it brings out the jinx in me. A friend of mine way back high school made a sudden interruption while I’m comfortably writing a poem for her. She requested me to just write a poem about rain because rainy season is her favorite. She told me that rain gives her a very strange feeling that even Mr. Webster can’t define. How pathetic! I told myself, “Duh! Do I look like I care?” And so, I didn’t mind her.
The idea of rain gives me a sedate conception of what will happen to me when outside, or while walking along the street. It doesn’t really make me panic, it makes me infuriated! Infuriated, because I don’t know where to find a roof that can, at least, keep me dry. It makes it even harder when you cannot just call it rain, but storm. Storm is a gargantuan rain, well, big sister of rain, which cute umbrellas can’t deal with. With storm, there’s flood, mud, and I’m getting terribly mad! A stubborn person like me can never be felicitous with rain. It really makes me sad.
After the rain, rainbow comes out. That is when my heart floats with so much gladness. I couldn’t resist smiling every time I see a rainbow, while putting my shabby umbrella inside my bag. Rain is helpful for many people physically, emotionally, mentally, and economically; but never will I ever embrace rain for whatever reasons. I feel distressed just by thinking of rainy days – the season that gave me lot of reasons to hate it. It is remarkable how I overcome the obstacles rain had prepared for me.
0 comments:
Post a Comment