Abrazar Español

My heart yearns to learn Spanish. I want to fluently speak the language because it sounds pretty great to my ears. But whenever Señor Certeza starts to clobber the entailing rules of Spanish right on my face, I get sick… well, not literally, I just had a hard time dealing with its rules. Whenever it’s time for Spanish class, my brain turns to a madscramble of incohesive thoughts. Imagine a strawberry, scratch papers, pizza calzone, black ballpen, a bracelet, poster colors, a pair of scissors, Emily Strange buttons, polka dots socks, and a Doraemon sticker all mixed up in a blender in full speed. Plus, I find it difficult to refocus on the discussion because I get so tired thinking I almost fall at the brink of lull that is sleep. I have had planned to study it at home but whenever I start working it out, my bed seems to lure me I want to scurry away and pretend I really want to continue studying. My bed has always been a temptation to me (no pun intended). I almost always want to have a peaceful slumber (drats, who wouldn’t want that?!).
And oh, there’s this classmate who always makes fun at me, destroying every tranquil moment I surreptitiously get in our Spanish class (yes, Abi, it’s you!). Oh, by the way, she excels in Spanish that’s why it’s no big deal for her not to be all ears to Señor’s babbling, er, lesson, I mean… (don’t get me wrong, the word SMUG does not shelter with her). She just studies every lesson quite well (admit it, she’s a genius…and I love her). En hora Buena, Señorita Jenny, you’re not going to make it with Spanish! I hate being so pessimistic but with all the things that hinders me in learning it (which I personally consider as inexorable, hehe), I now conclude that I’m a “mal ejemplo” to students out there because I admit I’m not doing my part in overcoming those hindrances. Oh my! When will I stop asking “¿Donde estamos en nuestra leccion?” /022406

0 comments:

Post a Comment